An individual COVID-19 swab kit including RT-qPCR analysis in a leading pharmaceutical and healthcare laboratory. The test can be taken in the home or workplace without the need for a medical professional and returned to the laboratory via any Priority Post Box.
ORDERS ARE DISPATCHED AND DELIVERED 7 DAYS PER WEEK - ORDER BEFORE 2PM FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Next Generation Test
The laboratory multiplex RT-qPCR kit uses proven primer and probe sequences targeting two different genes from SARS-CoV-2 (assay N1 and assay E) and an internal human control (assay RP). This internal human control ensures that a sufficient quantity of human genetic material has been collected during the sampling process and reduces the risk of false negatives from poorly sampled or unused swabs. The primer and probe sequences have been previously defined by the US Centre for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) and have been extensively validated for the detection of COVID-19.
- Test Specificity 100%.
- Test Sensitivity >95% at 0.75 copies of viral RNA/µl.
- CE-IVD marked Sterile Swab and Specimen tube (containing virus inactivating transport medium).
- Barcode labels with simple online kit registration
- 95 kPa Biohazard transport bag and all return packaging materials in accordance with P650 for UN3373 shipments of category B infectious substances.
- Laboratory testing via CE-IVD approved test carried out by Honeyman Group Ltd, a leading pharmaceutical and healthcare laboratory. Result within 24-48 hours from receipt of sample at the laboratory.
- Return postage via Royal Mail Tracked 24 service.
- Full instructions
How does the process work?
- Day 1 - Place your order before 2pm for same day shipping via DPD. Orders are dispatched and delivered 7 days per week. Not going to be in? Once dispatched, you can edit your delivery address to pick your order up from any Rowlands Pharmacy, Morrisons, Homebase or Matalan.
- Day 2 - Receive order and take your sample. Repackage in prepaid Royal Mail Tracked 24 returns bag and drop to a priority post box (before collection cut off).
- Day 3* - Sample received in the Laboratory. Result provided by email typically within 24 hours**.
What is the test kit for?
This test kit provides quick and easy COVID-19 screening of individuals and small groups/businesses.
How does the test work?
The patient is required to provide a swab sample from the back of the throat, tonsils and nose. This swab is placed in inactivating transport media (meaning that should your sample contain COVID, the virus would be inactivated for safe transport).
The laboratory will then carry out the test using a CE-IVD testing kit to determine the outcome of the sample.
Test kits need to be registered individually through our this website prior to use. This means that you can purchase multiple kits in one transaction and use them at a future date (kits have minimum 6 months shelf life) or allocate to multiple people. Results will be returned only to the verified email address provided when registering the test kit.
Terms & Conditions
Assured Screening, a trading name of Honeyman Group Ltd provides screening on a best endeavours basis using test kits approved for use in the UK and Europe. Testing provides a historic, momentary result. An individuals health status can change between sampling and reporting of result. All results are based on the sample specimen provided and do not take into account any clinical assessment or patient diagnosis. It is therefore imperative to closely follow sampling instructions and ensure a good quality of specimen collection. Specimens of poor quality may fail processing or provide inconclusive results on test instruments. These will not be refunded. In such cases it is advised that the individual purchase a new test kit for a retest. Assured Screening prides itself on speedy sample turnaround and aims to provide results within 24-48 hours of receipt of sample specimen however accepts no liability in the event of a testing delay. All test results are indications and not guarantees.
This test is designed as a screening test for asymptomatic individuals and groups. In the event of a positive result and/or displaying symptoms of COVID-19, please follow current government guidelines. Positive results will be passed to PHE for feeding into the NHS track and trace system.
If the kit has already been posted to you, you would need to return the test kit to us so that we could register the test as spoiled. We are able to refund you the laboratory process fee but would need to deduct postage and the cost of the spoiled kit (cost of £20). We are unable to reuse the kits - even if unused as we are unable to verify their integrity. You would therefore receive a partial refund once we have received the returned kit, together with your order reference number.