Not sure if this is the right product? Click to send us an enquiry
Manage a COVID screening programme in your organisation - we can support you 24/7.
This option provides you with everything you need to set up your screening programme and carry out tests either in a single testing session or bulk buy for routine sessions.
This option allows for a bulk submission of test kits (electronic) and return of test certificates to one point of contact.
How does the process work?
- Place your order before 2pm for same day shipping via DPD. Orders are dispatched and delivered 7 days per week. Not going to be in? Once dispatched, you can edit your delivery address to pick your order up from any Rowlands Pharmacy, Morrisons, Homebase or Matalan..
- Receive order and take your samples. Arrange for a collection driver or courier to return the samples to us.
- Submit your batch submission here
- Sample received in the Laboratory. Result provided by email typically within 24 hours to the email address provided in the batch submission.
*Laboratory operates 7 days per week, assume weekdays for postal service.
A return courier is excluded from the testing cost - Assured Screening can provide sameday couriers for an additional cost (calculated at £1.50 per mile one way from your location to ours at DL12 8BN). Click here to add this to your basket as a separate product.
Next Generation Test
The laboratory multiplex RT-qPCR kit uses proven primer and probe sequences targeting two different genes from SARS-CoV-2 (assay N1 and assay E) and an internal human control (assay RP). This internal human control ensures that a sufficient quantity of human genetic material has been collected during the sampling process and reduces the risk of false negatives from poorly sampled or unused swabs. The primer and probe sequences have been previously defined by the US Centre for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) and have been extensively validated for the detection of COVID-19.
- Test Specificity 100%.
- Test Sensitivity >95% at 0.75 copies of viral RNA/µl.
Kit contents (per test purchased)
- CE-IVD marked Sterile Swab and Specimen tube (containing virus inactivating transport medium).
- Barcode labels
- 95 kPa Biohazard transport bag and all return packaging materials in accordance with P650 for UN3373 shipments of category B infectious substances.
- Laboratory testing via CE-IVD approved test carried out by Honeyman Group Ltd, a leading pharmaceutical and healthcare laboratory. Result within 24-48 hours from receipt of sample at the laboratory.
- Full instructions
- COVID Free travel certificate provided as standard - see example here
What is the test kit for?
This test kit provides quick and easy COVID-19 screening of individuals for travel or diagnostic purposes during testing sessions/batches.
How does the test work?
The patient is required to provide a swab sample from the back of the throat, tonsils and nose. This swab is placed in inactivating transport media (meaning that should your sample contain COVID, the virus would be inactivated for safe transport).
The laboratory will then carry out the test using a CE-IVD testing kit to determine the outcome of the sample.
Terms & Conditions
Assured Screening, a trading name of Honeyman Group Ltd provides screening on a best endeavours basis using test kits approved for use in the UK and Europe. Testing provides a historic, momentary result. An individuals health status can change between sampling and reporting of result. All results are based on the sample specimen provided and do not take into account any clinical assessment or patient diagnosis. It is therefore imperative to closely follow sampling instructions and ensure a good quality of specimen collection. Specimens of poor quality may fail processing or provide inconclusive results on test instruments. These will not be refunded. In such cases it is advised that the individual purchase a new test kit for a retest. Assured Screening prides itself on speedy sample turnaround and aims to provide results within 24-48 hours of receipt of sample specimen however accepts no liability in the event of a testing delay. All test results are indications and not guarantees.
In the event of a positive result and/or displaying symptoms of COVID-19, please follow current government guidelines. Positive results will be passed to PHE for feeding into the NHS track and trace system.
Kits can be returned for refund. Refunds are subject to a £20 non-refundable fee per test kit. This is due to us needing to discard the test kit after receipt and are unable to reuse them. Carriage charges are non-refundable. The test kits have to be returned to us with an accompanying note to qualify for refund.
In the event of a positive result and/or displaying symptoms of COVID-19, please follow current government guidelines